Land | Water | Air
At White River Charters we love the outdoors and appreciate the fact our business is based in the beautiful Causeway Coast and Glens, an area that prides itself on its wonderful natural beauty and warm and friendly people.
It is our aim to be a responsible experiential tourism provider. This means we think carefully about the resources we use and try to minimise our impact on the environment and the local community. We have a passion for the natural world and seek to do our bit to look after this special place.
- We adhere to the principles of Leave No Trace
- We are an accredited WiSE wildlife safe operator. This means we understand how to take action to minimise disruption to wildlife and use such encounters to educate visitors and raise awareness of fragile habitats and threats to wildlife and encourage being respectful of the natural world.
- Energy: M.V. Kingfisher is powered by a diesel engine, we ensure it is regularly maintained and serviced to ensure efficiency. We endeavour to reinvest in renewable energy and would love, one day, to be able to upgrade to an eco-friendly electric engine. Solar energy -We have a solar panel installed which provides supplementary power to the wheelhouse and have replaced light bulbs with LEDs.
- Food and drink: We aim to use seasonal, local produce supporting our local business community. We love to showcase the amazing range of high-quality food and drink from this landscape that our farming, fishing, and food industries produce. We take great pride in the fact that most of the produce for our Foodie Tour Experiences and Private Charters comes from small artisan producers based within a 30 miles radius of our visitor meeting point. We manage our supplies as tightly as possible to reduce and avoid waste and cut storage costs.
- Waste Management: We are mindful of the waste generated through our activities and strive to eliminate and reduce waste. Waste is sorted into that which can be reused, recycled or composted. We avoid single use plastics and disposable materials as much as possible.
- Litter removal we aim to remove rubbish, plastic and litter we find floating in the river. We carry out regular litter picks in the river environment.
- Environmental awareness through celebrating the river, landscape and biodiversity we aim to foster a renewed sense of appreciation and understanding of the importance of looking after the environment.
- Local Community we work with other local tourism providers to create collaborations that reflect the quality of the landscape, produce from it and encourage the protection of the environment. Working together we all promote the Causeway Coast and Glens destination. We try to source all goods and services as locally as possible from local businesses. We are members of the local tourism forum (CCR) where we share information, ideas and gain best practice advice within the industry.
- Maritime Heritage our boat M.V. Kingfisher was built in 1947 it was our aim to safeguard its future and to refurbish so we can share its story with visitors, keeping a little bit of Northern Ireland’s long and fascinating maritime heritage alive.