Best of the Bann
River Bann Boat Trip
Best of the Bann:
2-Hour Boat Trip Experience
Experience the Best of the River Bann onboard the stylish M.V. Kingfisher. Our classic vessel was restored and refurbished during the pandemic lockdown and provides a wonderfully comfortable platform to view wildlife and learn about Northern Ireland’s longest river, its culture and heritage.
Starting at The Cutts, Coleraine in the Causeway Coast and Glens, M.V. Kingfisher will take you on a slow and gentle cruise of the tranquil River Bann upstream past Loughan Island to Camus then on towards Drumaheglis. We will stop along the way for tea, coffee*, and freshly baked refreshments and enjoy some quiet time close to nature.
*On select summer days, we will upgrade from tea & coffee to Prosecco for some Bubbles on the Bann
- Two hour seated boat trip journey on a classic vessel – M.V. Kingfisher
- Safety equipment (we adhere to the highest health and safety standards and comply with the relevant Marine & Coastguard Agency regulations)
- Personal meet & greet, hosting throughout by experienced and friendly local guides with tour commentary
- Personal audio equipment
- Complimentary refreshments
- Comfy cushions and fluffy blankets. The boat deck is covered with a bespoke canopy with optional drop-down sides to provide shelter and comfort
- Light weight, easy to use binoculars are provided for use
- Field guides and identification charts of river wildlife of the River Bann
Travel to and from the meeting point
Suitable clothing for the changeable Irish weather (layers that can be added to or taken off and preferably waterproof.
Sturdy footwear is recommended for walking on pontoons and getting in and out of the boat
See a full list of queries on our Frequently Asked Questions page.