Best of the Bann
*additional evening cruises will be available from 7pm-9pm during May to August.
River Bann Boat Trip
Best of the Bann:
2-Hour Boat Trip Experience
Experience the Best of the Bann onboard the stylish M.V. Kingfisher. Our 75-year-old classic vessel was restored and refurbished during the pandemic lockdown and provides a wonderfully comfortable platform to view wildlife and learn about Northern Ireland’s longest river, its culture and heritage.
Starting at The Cutts, Coleraine in the Causeway Coast and Glens destination M.V. Kingfisher will take you a slow and gentle cruise of the tranquil River Bann upstream past Loughan Island to Camus then on towards Drumaheglis. We will stop along the way for tea, coffee*, and freshly baked refreshments and enjoy some quiet time close to nature.
*On select summer days, we will upgrade from tea & coffee to Prosecco for some Bubbles on the Bann!
- Two hour seated boat journey on a classic vessel – M.V. Kingfisher
- Safety equipment (we adhere to the highest health and safety standards and comply with the relevant Marine & Coastguard Agency regulations)
- Personal meet & greet, hosting throughout by experienced and friendly local guides with tour commentary
- Personal audio equipment
- Complimentary refreshments
- Comfy cushions and fluffy blankets. The boat deck is covered with a bespoke canopy with optional drop-down sides to provide shelter and comfort
- Light weight, easy to use binoculars are provided for use
- Field guides and identification charts of river wildlife
Travel to and from the meeting point
Suitable clothing for the changeable Irish weather (layers that can be added to or taken off and preferably waterproof.
Sturdy footwear is recommended for walking on pontoons and getting in and out of the boat